Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Bigger Picture

It has been a bumpy ride for me since September. They say that when it rains, it pours. That personal storm hit me hard when I was least expecting it. 

The moment I thought things were falling into place was that same moment everything fell apart. Of course, I was crushed. Words were not enough to describe the heartache I felt. After he dropped the "bomb", he told me that he wanted to talk things over. At the same time, he would understand if I didn't want to. Out of respect for him and our relationship that would soon be over, I agreed for us to have that talk. More importantly, I needed closure. It was the only way for me to move forward.

That stormy Monday afternoon, I prepared myself mentally and emotionally for that nerve-wracking conversation with him. I tried my best to look composed despite my already puffy eyes from crying the night before. The day we officially called it quits was also the same day before my final interview with the CEO of the company I applied for.

Exactly two months after the whole incident, I've moved on and can say that being single isn't so bad at all. And in case you were wondering, I did not get the so-called "dream job." I'm still not working but school has kept me busier than ever as I approach the end of the academic term.

I thought the heartbreak would leave me depressed to my wits but it didn't. In fact, I'm much happier in ways I never imagined. 

Just a few days ago, I've already had this awkward encounter with my ex-beau. That made me realize that some things are better left the way they are. It's one thing that only time can fix. Besides, time heals all wounds, right?

Things now make sense. A friend was telling me then that soon, I will see the bigger picture. And she was right.


Those sleepless nights when all I could do was cry, I found myself again. I realized how I've given so much of myself in my past relationships that when it comes to an end, there's nothing left of me. 


I didn't see myself as a strong person until the breakup. I allowed myself to experience the raw emotions as each day passed. But one thing I did not allow was the breakup to become bigger than me. Now I can say I've handled the situation pretty well and with so much grace. I didn't do anything that I would regret later on.


For now, I look forward to the remaining days left of the year and hope for a better 2012!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment