Friday, November 18, 2011

New Girl

For the longest time, I haven't been following any TV series. If my memory serves me right, the last thing I closely followed was Outsourced. 

Unfortunately, its existence was short-lived. There was no Season 2 for me to look forward to.




Somewhere between work and school, I haven't been able to sneak in a few precious moments downloading series from my now-retired HP Laptop. 


But the great thing about US TV shows is how dynamic it can get. One show gets cancelled and the next thing you know, there's another series being introduced. 


Thanks to my Macbook Pro's impressive speed, I can easily download torrents. :D Which now brings me to my current favorite series.... New Girl with Zooey Deschanel! 




Since her breakthrough movie, 500 Days of Summer, I've always had an affinity for Zooey. She stood out among the Hollywood It girls just by being her "adorkable" self. 






She plays Jess Day, a school teacher who moves in with three guys after going through a break-up with her long-term boyfriend.


Each of her housemates has his own distinct personality. There's Winston, a former professional basketball player. And there's the metrosexual Schmidt and bartender Nick. But the great thing is they all have a good chemistry. They seem to complement each other.


I also crack up every time Jess tries to deliver her lines singing. 


To date, the funniest episode for me was the 4th. I'd rather not give spoilers so you can go figure it out yourself.


Now I can't wait for Ep.6! 


Until then, I can only sing, "Who's that girl?.... It's Jess!"

No comments:

Post a Comment