Friday, January 13, 2012

Relish

verb [ with obj. ]
- enjoy greatly: 

Anytime soon, I'm about to kiss my unemployment life goodbye and say hello once again to the corporate world and the fast-paced life I used to live.

Barely a month after my resignation, I was already anxious to start working again. Friends would constantly remind me to enjoy first my indefinite vacation leave. The dream job or so I thought - which I ended up not getting - was probably the Universe's way of telling me to slow things down.

Hence, the reason for using the word "RELISH" as the title of this post. Probably on of the greatest lessons I've learned in the last four months was simply to relish the moment. It's those little things in life that we often forget to do - whether you are seated in a coffee shop having a cup of cafe americano or browsing through titles in your favorite book shop. 

Yes, I can confidently look back at the last four months without any trace of regret. I relished the moments when weekday afternoons meant being able to take naps or drive by to the nearest coffee shop and read a book. 

Try doing it. It's a liberating feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment