Monday, January 23, 2012

All Things Shabby Chic

I'm a late bloomer in interior design. Growing up, I remember how I hated being in the home section of department stores because my mom loved to spruce up our home every now and then.

Only when I started working did I finally learn to appreciate the art. It does help when a childhood friend of yours is engaged in the profession.

There is one interior design style that I'm particularly attracted to and that, my friends is Shabby Chic.

Our trusted friend Wikipedia defines Shabby Chic as "a form of interior design where furniture and furnishings are either chosen for their age and signs of wear and tear or new items are distressed to achieve the appearance of an antique. At the same time, a soft, minimalistic, and feminine feel is emphasized to differentiate it from regular vintage decor; hence the "chic" in the name."

If you find the time to browse for Shabby Chic interiors, you will notice that one color dominates and that is white. Very minimalist but nonetheless elegant. 

Houses designed in this style give off that rustic feel. Someday, my own place will be an expression of Shabby Chic.

Below are just some of the details taken from Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic Website. Enjoy!


Source: http://www.shabbychic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment