Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Gameplan

"Quit your job, buy a ticket, get a tan, fall in love, never return." 





I chanced upon this quote while reading one of the blogs that I follow. Then it hit me.... This should be my mantra. Some of them I've done but some I still haven't. As for "Never Return", I am still gathering courage to do it.

But here's what I've accomplished so far over the past year:

1. QUIT YOUR JOB

I have to say that my decision to leave what could have been a   lucrative career in finance was the biggest leap I've done. Handing over that hastily-written resignation letter to my then boss was ultimately liberating. Nothing could top that experience. And to make things even more exciting, there was no job waiting for me. It was an open-ended vacation that I've been dreaming of.

When you finally let go of that thing you have an attachment to makes it even more easier to let go of others you have less attachment to. 

2. BUY A TICKET

After leaving the company that I gave six years of my life to, I had my whole life ahead of me. One of the first few things I did was to book a flight. My travel buddy and I hardly planned our trip. Everything was done on a whim and yet it still turned out to be one of the best trips I've had. And though it's been almost a year, I bring with me the kickass memories of that short trip to Ho Chi Minh. 

3. FALL IN LOVE

You have to agree with me when I say that falling in love and I mean madly in love is heavenly. No, it's not cheesy. It is true.

They say that the best kind of love does not make any sense at all and that's how it felt with that person. And though things did not work out the way they're supposed to, it was good while it lasted. And I know that one day I will meet that man who can make me feel giddy like a high school girl all over again.



Happy to say that a few days ago, I bought a ticket again. This time, it's for a trip to Cambodia that I have been wanting to tick off my list for the longest time. But I'm still returning to Manila. In two years time, I will finally buy that ticket and never return. God knows where I'm headed to but only one thing's for sure - that I will make it happen.

Cheers to your personal mantras and having the courage to accomplish them.

April D.







No comments:

Post a Comment