Monday, March 12, 2012

Breathtakingly Busan

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
Saint Augustine



I've loved travelling for as long as I can remember. There's something insanely wonderful about exploring a foreign land and its local culture.

For 2012, my first destination was Busan, South Korea. A miscommunication between my mom and dad brought us to South Korea's second largest city. Because the roundtrip tickets were promo fares, it would cost us more to reroute the flights to Incheon - Seoul's international airport. So my mom felt that we might as well make the most out of the place and maybe just take the KTX from Busan to Seoul.

Personally, I had to encounter several roadblocks weeks prior to the trip. But I must thank the travel gods for allowing me to join my family in Busan.

South Korea is one of those countries in Asia that's been blessed with four seasons and it was somewhere between Winter and Spring during our arrival. 

The moment we stepped out of the plane, I could already feel the biting cold weather on my skin. It was good that I hand carried my coat in the plane.

There is more to Busan than meets the eye. Apart from being the fifth busiest seaport in the world, it has its own distinct charm that sets it apart from its sister city Seoul.

Must see places are the Taejongdae Resort Park and the Jagalchi Fish Market. 



No comments:

Post a Comment